Announcing the SPARK 25-Day Physical Activity Challenge
SPARK is teaming up with Let’s Move! Active Schools and the President’s Challenge to host the SPARK 25-Day Physical Activity Challenge this fall.
The goal of the SPARK Challenge is to promote daily physical activity -- at least 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Sign your school up by Sunday, September 28 to participate.
The Challenge runs September 29 – October 31 and the grand prize is a $25,000 SPARK Package (including training, curriculum, and equipment).
- Students pledge to achieve at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day, for 25 days.
- SPARK will provide pledge forms, tracking forms & certificates.
- Teachers will be responsible for collecting student forms (SPARK will not collect forms).
- Minutes can be accumulated throughout the day (i.e. 10 minutes before school, 20 minutes during recess, 20 minutes during PE, 10 minutes after school).
- The goal is 60 minutes a day, for at least 5 days per week. It’s ok if you miss a day here and there; you just need to accumulate 25 days total by the end of the month.
- The challenge runs Monday, September 29 – Friday, October 31 (25 week days).
- Grand prize: $25,000 SPARK Program Package (training, equipment, curriculum)
- 2nd & 3rd place prizes: $2,500 SPARK gift certificate (to purchase equipment or curriculum)
- Certificate of completion to all those who finish the Challenge